Question about auto-sync

• 28 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there!

I was wondering if we can manually sync our board instead of automatically doing that. I have found myself in the middle of recording on screencastify and the board starts syncing. Obviously while it is syncing I can't continue my lesson and time is limited. Any ideas?

TIA,

Amy

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Amy Judah - The short answer is: No, you cannot control when the board syncs as there is no “offline” mode.

I rarely see the “syncing” message; usually it is only at times when there is a lot going on the board it needs to catch up, e.g., if I copy a sticky note and then paste a bunch very quickly using Ctrl+V,V,V,V,V,V,V,V,

When you are recording, what is happening? Are there many people on the board moving/creating objects?

Also, how big is this board, e.g., are there many hundreds/thousands of objects on the board? Also, what is your Internet connection like? If you are on wi-fi, perhaps try a wired connection if possible. 

No, I teach virtually so it is when I am making videos for the lessons. But you have me thinking that maybe I have too much happening. I make multiple videos over an afternoon and it may be screencastify trying to upload at the same time. That is a lot happening on our home network.

Amy

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Amy Judah - Yes, with the board wanting to update in real-time, or course, and screen recordings happening (presumably streaming to the cloud) and then adding in screen sharing, there is definitely a lot of traffic on the network. If you happen to be using a VPN, you could start by turning that off to see if it helps at all.

Thank you so much for your help! 😊