Question about a consultant account

• 1 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I am a consultant and I work with several companies. I am training for 1 or 2 days and I would like to use Miro for training or Lean support for companies over the medium term between 3 and 6 months. Currently I have a free account with a board that I don't know if I invited as a team. I want to know:- The consultant account allows you to have several tables with non-paying invitations?- How to invite them on a board without paying for their license?- Is each invitation specific to a board or does everyone see the boards?- How to invite to a specific board without them having access to other boards and not paying for their license.Thanks very much

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ludovic -

Yes, with any paid account you are able to use the Visitor access method for free full-edit access. Details on the limitations of this access method and how to use it are here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-visitors

Essentially, on a board-by-board basis, you can share with visitors providing them with the board’s URL and (optionally) a password to access it. 

Please note that if you use the Visitor access method, you can’t have one set of Visitors with view-only access and other set with full edit access on the same board.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ludovic - To add to the subject of inviting non-team members to edit boards, there is a currently a new feature in beta Called Guests which - details here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021415119-Collaboration-with-guests-BETA-

As noted in the above article:

Note that this feature is currently in beta. The offer and its availability may update in the future.

With this feature, you would not have to make the board open to the public and would give any registered Miro their unique permissions at the board level, e.g., User A should only be able to view Board One, but User B should be able to edit Board One.

If you do sign up for the Consultant Plan and do not have this option on your account, you would try contacting Miro support to request it. If you end up having and using it, and Miro suddenly removes it, the Visitors feature would of course be your backup.

Thanks a lot for your answers. Go! I'm going for it!