Answered

QR Code to link guest users to Miro Board to Vote on items via mobile devices (no app installed)

• 28 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m preparing a presentation for 100+ participants.

I’d like to display a QR code that links to a MIRO board.

I’d like my participants to use their mobile phone to access the board (most will not have the MIRO app installed)

I’d like to give the participants the ability to vote on items within the board. 

My question is: Is this possible?

Thank you to anyone that can provide any guidance.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 29 December 2020, 01:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert_Strouse - You could almost any QR code generator to direct someone to a link (I tried https://www.qr-code-generator.com/ and it worked just fine).

As for voting, according to the Voting Help Centre article, the voting app only works on the full desktop browser, desktop app, and tablet app. While users could technically force “desktop mode” on their mobile browser, I would not advise going that route.

Other than using the voting app, the next step would be to use dots/circle shapes to vote on items. However, again, the mobile browser experience of trying to select and move objects is quite poor; pretty much unusable, in my opinion.

I would suggest exploring another tool for voting for the scenario you have described, e.g., Mentimeter or Google Forms.

Thank you @Robert Johnson - Maybe this will become a feature in the future...