Answered

Publicly sharing template

• 9 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Is there any way to share a board as a public template in another way than the Miroverse or changing the content copy permissions? I have a board that we would like to make publicly accessible for educational purposes, but we don’t want people to edit the original board or have to manually copy the content over from this board into another.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 9 February 2021, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Raoul Koreman -

The only other method I’d suggest is that if the folks you wish to share with are on Miro paid plans then you could share the boards by downloading them into a standalone RTB file, hosting that file on a file share somewhere and they’d be able to restore those RTB within their own teams.

Kiron

Thanks @Kiron Bondale. That might work fine for students/educators who are enrolled in an educational plan. To share it publicly with people on a free plan, I’m guessing the best solution is to use the content copy permissions, or submitting to the Miroverse. I was wondering if a template can still be further developed after it’s potentially been published through Miroverse or not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Raoul Koreman - The Board Content Settings feature is the easiest way for someone to duplicate a board into any (even Free Plan) Miro account.

The viewer does not need to copy-and-paste information from one board to another and will not be able to change the original board.

To do this:

1. Put the board in Anyone with the line → Can view mode
  2. Set the Sharing settings → Permissions to Anyone with the board access
  3. Send the link
  4. The viewer clicks on the board title and then Duplicate

Example:

To try this, duplicate a copy of my Getting to Know Miro board into your account/team:
https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kl4Sue4=/

Cheers, I didn’t know it was that easy for people to duplicate the board. Then that’ll definitely do the trick. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Raoul Koreman - You’re welcome! And re:

I was wondering if a template can still be further developed after it’s potentially been published through Miroverse or not?

Any templates approved and made available on the Miroverse are owned by Miro (they make a copy of what is submitted), so the submitter will not be able to update it on their own.