Answered

How do we change the name of a project?

• 8 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello! How on Earth do we change the name of a project? I need to edit all of them so it's too difficult to create a new one, move all 60 boards to the new one, then delete. I really don’t understand why Miro is so restrictive on organizing your content. Its such a basic feature. I love Miro, but this is killing me. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 8 May 2020, 00:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Amber Hutchins -

Just click on the name in the project view and edit it in the dialog box and click Done (see below).

Thank you so much for this! I tried that and it didn’t work. Apparently, only the owner can edit the project names. I’m an admin, but not an owner. Some projects are owned by people who no longer work at our company.  Do you know if Miro is planning to update how we organize our projects. I would love folders and subfolders. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Amber Hutchins - 

You are correct that only owners have the ability to modify project names. I’m one of our company admins and am unable to change the project name for some of the projects in one of our teams. If the owners are no longer with your company, why not delete them from the team? If you do that, the ownership of their objects (projects, boards) should revert to one of the existing admins and you could then change the name of it.

Unfortunately right now, the only hierarchy available is Teams - Projects - Boards, but sub-projects or folders within projects would be a good idea, especially for folks who are not on a Consultant plan where you can create multiple Teams. This would be a good wish list topic to create - I’d vote for it!

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

Just for visibility - there is such a wish on the Wish List, you are welcome to upvote it!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

related : https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/organize-project-3507?postid=14611#post14611