Skip to main content

Hi - I’ve been encountering a few problems over the past couple of months after two pretty much seamless years on Miro.  The most recent one is to do with uploading documents. I regularly upload documents (mostly PDFs) onto boards and then extract all the pages to make annotation easier. Recently I have noticed that the upload is taking a VERY long time (so long that I often end up uploading it twice as I assume it hasn’t worked). When the upload is finished and I extract the pages, each page is in fact a duplicate of the whole document. So if I upload an 8 page document, I will end up with 9 copies on the board, each turned to a different page. Has something changed? This never used to happen and I think it is slowing down my boards enormously.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Can I shamelessly bump this please? Could really do with some help or advice, it’s causing real problems.

Thank you!

Hi! Has this problem been resolved? PDF “Extract Pages” creates a duplicate of the ENTIRE PDF for each Page making the board unecessarily heavy, causing Desktop and Browser versions to crash. Thank you!

Hi @Nicola Burkinshaw and @Devyn Weiser 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I can see how this would affect your workflow. I’ll create a ticket so our support team can investigate the issue further. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Hi @Eca 

I appreciate you and the Miro team investigating the PDF extract problem. Any update on the ticket status would be helpful!

Hi @Devyn Weiser 

I can see that one of our supports responded to the ticket. Kindly check this ticket number - 749919 in your email or in the Miro Help Center > Request.

Hi @Eca Thanks for the kind reply. I’ve tried all the suggestions but no luck. Here’s a miro board with my tests. Please have another look as this problem happens on multiple machines, browsers, desktop app, etc. A year or so everything was fine but now any multi-page PDF extraction maintains the ENTIRE PDF making the board extremely (and unecessarily) difficult to navigate. Many thanks! 

Hi @Devyn Weiser,

I will pass along your concern to supports once more and let them know you have not received their response.

Please keep an eye on your email connected to your Miro Community profile for further updates on your support ticket.

Here’s your new ticket number - 758489. If you get any more insights or feedback from support, feel free to share them here in the community to assist others facing a similar issue.

@Devyn Weiser - I have noted this over the years, and because my PDFs were never too large to be being with, I had not questioned the intent behind the extract pages behaviour, i.e., should extracted pages are pinned to page in sequence, or should all other pages be removed and the only page remaining is the page in sequence.

I am curious to know what the support team comes back to you with 🙏

Same problem with me. Pdf pages extraction stoped working approx. 2-3 weeks ago. It still works with very small pdf’s, less then 1Mb but not with long multi-page documents.

@DmitryK - I was able to extract all 66 pages of this 19 MB PDF:

I did this from Chrome on Windows 11 using a Miro Business Plan subscription, but also from Firefox using a Free Plan team.

If using a browser, I would suggest disabling any browser extensions, and maybe trying another (supported) browser or the Miro desktop app.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, I would suggest that you report the issue to the Miro support team by following these steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C