Answered

Private Miro session with a secure link vs. a public link with a password?

• 5 June 2020
  • 2 replies

We’d like to use Miro for a session upcoming Monday to get interaction into a session. We just checked the tool and were wondering if there is a private editing mode with external guests at Miro as we do not want the attendees to make an account by themselves.

Is there any opportunity to have a private Miro session with a secure link or a public link with a password?

Thanks for your support!

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 5 June 2020, 17:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Thekla -

The only way to provide user access without the need to register a Miro account is using the Anonymous Guest Editor approach. That does have some feature limitations and there is no password associated with the board access when you share it this way. There is a wish-list item already entered for being able to add passwords to this method of sharing.

This help article provides the details: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-Anonymous-Guest-Editors

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Thekla :

at the moment there is no way that your board is password protected.

I added a wish where I told what we need for our clients: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/password-protected-public-boards-350

Just vote for this so miro sees that there is a urgent need for this because of hacking into a password-free-linked board.

I worked only two times with a free open linked board and I’m still frustrated that the blue elements and the “Let’s start!” picture is still there:

It distracts my clients and my customers - and for me it is really sad to say this:
I really want that miro is more customer friendly from our point of view.

Hope there will be a solution on its way.
Please, please miro would you change this - You know I love miro and every single feature of it - but this is a reason why I would rather pay for each and every client …

And b.t.w. could you please do set an option on my site:

Invitee should see “Let’s start” screen or not.
Most of my clients get a clear structured explanation with screenshots so they know what to do - additionally: They most speak German and not English so they are not able to follow your “Let’s start” session.
​​​​​​
Michael