Printing text is soft not crisp

Userlevel 1

I have tried printing from the browser app several ways. One is direct printing and one is saving as PDF and then printning. In all cases my text is “soft” not crisp like I am used to in charting programs. It’s readable but slightly blurry. I made sure it wasn’t my printer by doing tests without other kinds of files. Is this supposed to be happening? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Charley B Murphy The recommendation from Miro is to save it as a PDF and print the PDF. The reason the text is slightly blurry might have to do with the size of your board and text.

This is from a Help Center article about how to print boards:

If you choose to save the board as PDF, each frame on the board will be created as a separate page of the PDF document. You can create frames in certain formats. If you want a whole chart/diagram/image to be available on one page, you can use an A4 frame as it automatically matches the standard paper size. For the best experience, we suggest you create frames and work on the board at 100% zoom level.

Have you tried creating frames at 100% zoom level, save them as PDF, and then print them?

Userlevel 1

Interesting. I didn’t know zoom level would be a factor I’ll play around with that. And using the A4. I have exported the PDFs but I’ll try again using these factors. Thanks. I guess I was spoiled by my old charting program (Inspiration) where it always printed crisp no matter what size it was. #nostalgia 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Charley B Murphy - It is also worth mentioning here that export (both PDF and images) is limited for Free Plan users. More on exporting (and limitations) here → How to Export Your Board.