Answered

Preview of grouped objects

• 25 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I’d like to create card like grouped objects. 

an image is covered by a shape and grouped. Participants are to move these cards around. 

image and cover later grouped

If I move the cards around I can’t see the preview of the image covered. Once others are looking at their screen while I am moving the card they see the preview.

How can I stop this from happening? Is there another way to cover the image and have participants move the cards around without seeing the preview?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 26 March 2021, 17:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Malva Gasowski - I see what you are saying. If I put a solid black rectangle shape over an image, group the two objects, when I am moving them, the rest of the board participants can see the image behind:

I was going to suggest that you try using the Hidden Frame feature, however, when you hide a frame, the other participants cannot even move the frame.

I tried using a solid back image overtop of an image, but Miro still show a preview of what’s underneath. I suppose they thought this to be “helpful”, as a visual indication that there are multiple objects.

What you could do is copy/paste your black rectangle multiple times first. I put seven black rectangles over the image - then the image remains hidden:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I also noted recently that you can see through sticky notes, so I created the following Wish List Idea to request Miro either makes them opaque or gives transparency control. You can vote for the idea here:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/control-transparency-of-sticky-notes-4247

@Malva Gasowski - If you’d like to see the behaviour of seeing pictures behind shapes when moving the group items, you can add  your own Wish List Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.