[KNOWN BUG] Video Playback in full screen during a presentation

Hi all!

I have created a presentation in Miro.

One of the frames contains a video (YouTube link).

When I go into present mode and arrive at that “slide” the video is not full size.  I have to click the video, press play, and press full screen.  Then, upon completion, I have to press esc and resize the presentation to continue.

Anyone have a workaround for more seamlessly playing a video within a presentation...while presenting?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Latest update from Miro support:

After taking some time to investigate it and align on possible resolutions, the engineering team owning the embed component has let me know that this particular issue is going to be part of a longer-term change.

This means that the Development Team will need to implement several improvements in this product area to get to it. We understand this is important, and our team will execute it with our strategy. We wanted to let you know that as much as we'd love to share an ETA, we do not have strict timeframes for how long this change will take, though a rough estimate of when the team expects to have the capacity to ramp up the embed issues is no sooner than Q2. 

We appreciate your flagging these issues!

So, it sounds like this should be resolved in a future release.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jason Luchtefeld - After some testing, I am finding some inconsistencies/unexpected behaviours when playing YouTube videos in general. I have opened a Miro support ticket and will update this post as I hear back from the support team.

Support team: See my YouTube video below where I am reproducing the issue. I have also added your support team email address as a Guest on my test board, and will include a board link via the help.miro.com/Zendesk portal after I post this reply.

@Jason Luchtefeld:

When I go into present mode and arrive at that “slide” the video is not full size.

I have to

1. click the video,
  2. press play,
  3. and press full screen.

You should be able to skip step #1? (See my video).

Then, upon completion, I have to

1. press esc
  2. and resize the presentation to continue.

Once you Esc the full screen video playback, has the board zoom changed on you? I find that moving to the next slide during the presentation session will automatically resize the board.

Here is a video where I show:

1. Starting a video while not in interactive presentation mode allows for the full screen button on the video to start and stop full scren
  2. but if I force full screen using F11, and then full screen video on the YouTube video does not work at all,
  3. and if I go full screen while in presentation mode, then I cannot exit full screen mode by clicking on the full button on the video - I have to press the Esc key on my keyboard (or F11).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Latest update from Miro support:

After taking some time to investigate it and align on possible resolutions, the engineering team owning the embed component has let me know that this particular issue is going to be part of a longer-term change.

This means that the Development Team will need to implement several improvements in this product area to get to it. We understand this is important, and our team will execute it with our strategy. We wanted to let you know that as much as we'd love to share an ETA, we do not have strict timeframes for how long this change will take, though a rough estimate of when the team expects to have the capacity to ramp up the embed issues is no sooner than Q2. 

We appreciate your flagging these issues!

So, it sounds like this should be resolved in a future release.

Thank you very much for the detailed response and update!!

Very helpful.

Cheers,

Jason