Skip to main content

Is there a way to have an element on a board that would open up a frame in a pop-out (not a different windows)? I don’t want to keep all the visual elements on the board/frame and rather have some of those in a pop-out. Alternatively, a frame that has tabs would work.

I know I can link from one element on the board to another but I don’t want that.

Appreciate any help.

@Sean Feldman - You could accomplish this by embedding one board into another.

Here are some steps on how to do this:

1. Put your frame(s) in one board
  2. get the export iframe code for that board
  3. add the autoplay code to the board URL (see the Embedding Editable Boards into Websites Help Center article for how to do this)
  4. Go to the board where you wan to display your frames in a modal/popup window and paste in the iframe code.

Here it is in action:

Thank you @Robert Johnson. That’s a nice way to cross link boards. Though I would not want to spread the information on several boards and rather have it on the same board. Hence the question about either a popup or a tabbed frame.

I just tested exporting embed code for a board, set the start area for the embed to a frame on the board, and then embedded that board within the same board (think Chris Nolan's Inception 😉).

Board in a board in a board in a board…

Looks like you went a little overboard 😀

Thank you.

I would appreciate this feature also