Pasted video preview - weird size?

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am uploading (pasting link) from Loom and the preview is a strange size. The video preview is only taking up a 1/3 of the preview. Example below - any help would be very appreciated. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rikki Bunder

My test conditions:

• I just created two Loom videos of my entire screen which is a 23.5” inch monitor @ 1920 x 1080 resolution.
  • The Miro desktop app was maximized on the screen.
  • My OS is Windows 10 64-bit Home.
  • I tried both the Loom desktop app and Chrome extension.
  • I am using the free Loom plan, recording at 720p.
  • I added the Loom videos links using:

My results:

What is your set up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rikki Bunder - I think I got it. In my next video, I recorded just the Miro app, not the entire screen, and the app was not maximized to fill my screen - this is what I get:

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson 

Thank you so much for your work.

All Loom videos are recorded full screen.

I was using the upload via URL to upload the the videos (and getting the weird preview)

If I get the embed code and use the iFrame it works fine.

It is strange because I have used the URL link before with no problems and it still works for other videos - youtube etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rikki Bunder - I tried adding the videos again by just pasting via Ctrl+V and then again using the embed iframe code and l got mixed results. It's almost like the Miro function that creates the thumbnail either doesn't competlete during the process or the video source server is taking a but longer than expected, so Miro just goes with what is has back at that moment.

I think the only way to know for sure if it's a Miro issue or Loom issue this to start by asking Miro support. The support team does appear to have a larger presence on this forum lately, so perhaps they (or someone else) will chime in. 

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson

I think I found the issue (not solution), it seems to be the Resolution of the original recording.

I am recording them at 1080p - results in weird preview.

Record at 720P - preview is fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rikki Bunder - So many moving parts. Hopefully the process can be improved. Thanks for the update.