Paid for 2nd seat, but don't know how to use it

• 11 February 2022
  • 12 replies

Hi, I do have 3 questions:

1 / I do pay 194 $ for 2 seats team plan. But if I invite anyone, first I was charged for a seat and then the person had to sign up for a free trial 7 days plan. I am very confused.

Question: How can I use my second seat without being charged again?

2 / Another friend using MIRO has a 1 member plan paying 144 $. It seems thou like there is no difference in usage compared to my plan. We couldn’t see any difference to my more expensive plan.

Question: So what’s the advantage?

3 / We couldn’t figure out how to add new members to a project. By opening the ‘plus’ saying’Add members to… X’  the button ‘add’ doesn’t turn active to push through typing in their email adresses or names. 

Question: So how is it possible?

Looking forward to your feedback! 

Thanks a lot in advance, cheers, Cerstin.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cerstin Hannestad 

1 / I do pay 194 $ for 2 seats team plan. But if I invite anyone, first I was charged for a seat and then the person had to sign up for a free trial 7 days plan. I am very confused.

Question: How can I use my second seat without being charged again?

“194 $” - it sounds like you purchased a Team Plan subscription.

I’m not exactly sure what happens when someone starts their own 7-day trial, but this could be that their own Free Plan team was upgraded to a Team Plan for 7 days.

What do you current see on your Team profile page?

And how about on the Users page?

Perhaps a simpler approach is to have users create a Miro account - this will give them their own Free Plan by default. Then, you could add them on the users page, and as long as you have an unallocated paid seat/license, Miro will assign once of those licenses to they user you are adding:

2 / Another friend using MIRO has a 1 member plan paying 144 $. It seems thou like there is no difference in usage compared to my plan. We couldn’t see any difference to my more expensive plan.

Question: So what’s the advantage?

There are differences between all plans - you can read them here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730233-Plans-and-features-available

If you are looking for specific differences, please tell us the two plan types you are comparing.

3 / We couldn’t figure out how to add new members to a project. By opening the ‘plus’ saying’Add members to… X’  the button ‘add’ doesn’t turn active to push through typing in their email adresses or names. 

Question: So how is it possible?

You can only add team members to projects, e.g., anyone listed on the “Team profile settings → Users” page can be added to a project.

Hi Robert, first of all thank you so much for your time and answers. I will give my best to follow through your instructions. I have a team plan.

Perhaps a simpler approach is to have users create a Miro account - this will give them their own Free Plan by default. Then, you could add them on the users page, and as long as you have an unallocated paid seat/license, Miro will assign once of those licenses to they user you are adding

Yes. this is how I usually proceed. Clients create their own boards and invite me to them. But the problem seems to be the following: I want to invite the client to a project without making him a team member. This doesn’t seem to be possible?

It doesn’t seem possible to add anyone to a project to edit, although I have 2 seats? This is what it looks like, no matter what:

You can only add team members to projects, e.g., anyone listed on the “Team profile settings → Users” page can be added to a project.

What, if I do not want the client to be a full member of my team to be able to view all my projects, but only to see selected boards within that one project of mine? How would that work?

The clients subscription details are the following / 144¢ plan:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cerstin Hannestad 

It doesn’t seem possible to add anyone to a project to edit, although I have 2 seats?

Only team members can be added to projects:

Source: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018262033-Projects

What, if I do not want the client to be a full member of my team to be able to view all my projects, but only to see selected boards within that one project of mine? How would that work?

You would have to set all of your existing board’s Share settings so that on you can see them - this is referred to making a board “private”. Then you would add your clients to your team, then to a project, and then move boards into that project so they can only see those boards. However, this kind of administration could lead to confidential information be shared with the wrong person/client.

Consultant Plan

Instead, I would suggest that you change your plan type to the Consultant Plan - this is the plan type that you showed in your screenshots above - it is $12 * 12 months = $144.

The Consultant Plan lets you create an unlimited number of teams. With this capability, you could create a whole new team, e.g., “Client A Team”. Then, you could add your client as a paid member to that team and they will only see boards that are in that team - you won’t have to pay again as the owner of the plan (called the “Company Admin”). You would then keep your clients and their boards complete separate. Also with the Consultant Plan is a feature in beta called “Guests”. While you may not have this feature right away, once you do get it, you can add any registered Miro account user as a “guest” on a board-by-board basis. Once you do this, they will see the team in which the board resides from their dashboard and can switch to that team and edit any boards that you have added them to - they cannot create any new boards in your team.

To show you how this works, I will add you to one of my boards in my Consultant Plan - you should received an email once I have done this and you will see my team icon show up in your Miro dashboard (the team icon is my avatar).

You can leave the team if you want by clicking on the team profile settings (gear) icon and then scroll down to the Leave team button.

Upgrading from Team to Consultant Plan

If you want to upgrade from the Team to the Consultant Plan, you will need to ask the Miro support team to complete this action for you. You can find the support forum link by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Hi Robert, thanks again for every reply of yours! Sounds like I need a change of plan ;-)

Problem now: the ‘Contact Support icon is not available from within my account view, look:

Honestly: I feel pretty stupid right now. :face_palm_tone1:

Nevermind… found the link. ‘Go to home page’ - was hidden in there, I found out. Well, alright, I will get in touch to see how I can switch plans…. maybe then it works out better for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Nevermind… found the link. ‘Go to home page’ - was hidden in there, I found out. Well, alright, I will get in touch to see how I can switch plans…. maybe then it works out better for me.

Glad you found the form link, @Cerstin Hannestad.

A note to other readers: The “Contact support” option will not appear for Free and Education Plan users.