Skip to main content

Hi,

I noticed after the recent update that Page Up/Down to change image/item order is no longer functioning as desired. 

In addition, images and text will be placed behind Frames, which is not good. Previously Frames were always at ‘0’ order and items could not be placed behind them - which is ideal.

Yeah, there does appear to have been a change in behaviour. A few others noticed that adding an item to a frame changes its index layer value. And, from some testing right now, it appears that items added to frames are inheriting the index value of the frame. And… now I am noticing that frame can, in fact, not be layered, which would suggest that frames could soon be able to be added to layers.

When I went back to look at Loom videos I created as I developed MultiFrame, I see this from September 16, 2024 (the overflow menu when I selected three frames):

And now on October 17:

I will update this post as I learn more.

@J.R. - If you are using a paid subscription of Miro, I would just reporting this to the support team by following these steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Hi @J.R.

Eca here from support!

I noticed after the recent update that Page Up/Down to change image/item order is no longer functioning as desired. 

As per my replication, I was able to use the Page up and down function smoothly. Could you please share if this issue happens on only one board or on other boards as well? 

In addition, images and text will be placed behind Frames, which is not good. Previously Frames were always at ‘0’ order and items could not be placed behind them - which is ideal.

When I send objects to the back, they do not hide behind the frame, and everything seems to behave normally. Please check out the video below for reference.

Could you let me know if this problem is specific to just one board, or are you noticing the same behavior on other boards as well? This will help us narrow down the issue.

Looking forward to your response!

Appears to occur with boards created in the last month. 

Happens on any/all new boards created.

Been using miro for years and this is a new issue.

Yeah, there does appear to have been a change in behaviour. A few others noticed that adding an item to a frame changes its index layer value. And, from some testing right now, it appears that items added to frames are inheriting the index value of the frame. And… now I am noticing that frame can, in fact, not be layered, which would suggest that frames could soon be able to be added to layers.

When I went back to look at Loom videos I created as I developed MultiFrame, I see this from September 16, 2024 (the overflow menu when I selected three frames):

And now on October 17:

I will update this post as I learn more.

@J.R. - If you are using a paid subscription of Miro, I would just reporting this to the support team by following these steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

The miro support team doesnt help =)

Hi @J.R.

Thanks for the information! I have your post converted into a support ticket as I see no new tickets created under your profile. Plese check your inbox for their response.