Other people's boards in my free account

• 29 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I realise this question has been asked in the Community, however the answer doesn’t work for me. So, I’m hoping this request will help me.

I have a free account, that was once a paid account. While it was a paid account, I allowed people where I worked to make boards.  Before leaving the company, I downgraded the plan to be free, and removed myself from any boards where I had access.

I’ve just logged in, and people at my old work, are making boards in my free account.  How does this happen - are they accessing using my email?  How do I change it?  They seem to be working under a business account - how is it that I can see their boards?  I can view their boards, and for some I am an editor too, but I am not an owner. 

Some boards have this message on them:

Others, I simply have access to.

I just want their boards gone. But, I don’t want to lose my account, or my boards. Please help me fix this.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Anna Lore - If others are creating boards in your team and you are not the owner of every board in your team, then you have multiple team members and will need to remove the users from the team, at which point you will assume ownership of the deleted users’ boards.

For example:

Thank you @Robert Johnson - really appreciate the reply.

I can’t take the action you are suggesting. 

The ‘problem’ boards, are not part of a team.  I have one team only, with 4 members and 1 board, which is owned by me.  I know all the members of this team.  See below:

The ‘problem boards’ don’t seem to be part of a team.  And, they are not owned by me. See below:

These are people who worked or work for the company I used to work for.  But, I have no idea why these boards are showing up in my account.  And, I can’t tell how to get rid of them.  I am not the owner of any of these boards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The problem boards are not in your Free Plan team/account, but your dashboard view is set to show all boards that your account profile has recently accessed:

Thanks @Robert Johnson 
I understand the setting is such that I can see the problem boards - thanks for explaining this.

What I don’t understand is why this is even possible - as in why I would even have access to these boards?  Why are they even available for my account profile to access?  

Can I stop it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks @Robert Johnson 
I understand the setting is such that I can see the problem boards - thanks for explaining this.

What I don’t understand is why this is even possible - as in why I would even have access to these boards?  Why are they even available for my account profile to access?  

Can I stop it?

If you are not a member of the team, and the team space does not show up on the left-vertical bar of your dashboard, then the boards' Public settings, i.e., Anyone with the link, are enabled. You could test this by copying the link to your clipboard and trying to open it while not signed into Miro, e.g., an incognito browser window. To stop seeing it in your "recent boards" list, you will need to stop opening it and open other boards instead.