Answered

None of the teams are "mine"

• 9 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi guys, hope you can help me out!

So, I just discovered that none of the teams listed on my profile are “mine”. I.e. I’m not “Team admin” in any of the teams.. (turns out i’ve used a friends board for months, which was called “My team” #facepalm).

How can it be that I don’t have my own team? I’m using the free plan, but you do get your own team when you sign in, right?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 9 July 2020, 19:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

To confirm that you are not the owner of any team listed in your Dashboard:

1. Select (click/tap on) the Team name from your Dashboard
  2. Go to the Team profile page by selecting the “cog icon + Team name”
  3. At the bottom of the Team profile page,
  4. if you are not the team owner, you will have the option to Leave [Team Name] team
  5. if you are the team owner you will see: Leave or delete [Team Name]

If you are not the owner of any of these boards, you may want to reach out to Miro support or try leaving all of the teams and see  if you can create your own.

@Rob Johnson, thanks for your reply!

I’ve now left all the teams on my profile. It seems like Miro is a bit confused after I left the last team because now I’m not able to access my Miro dashboard anymore. The Miro “loading” animation just keeps spinning: 

Guess I’ll have to reach out to Miro support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina -

Didn’t this issue mentioned by @Ragnhild Liven get resolved a few weeks back when someone leaves all the teams they were part of?

Kiron

Here’s an update:

I reached out to Miro Support and got an answer real quick, which also solved the issue. 

The solution was to log into Miro through incognito mode (Chrome). When logged in, I got the opportunity to create a team. Now, everything works fine! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m glad to hear that you got it all sorted out, @Ragnhild Liven. I’ll admit, I did panic a bit when you said you were no longer able to access your Dashboard!

I suspect what may have happened is that someone you added to the original team you created when you set up your RtB/Miro account later changed your role from Team Admin to Member. After this change, when you went to the Team profile page, you only saw the option to Leave the team and no longer had the ability to also Delete it.

I just tested this scenario with a Team that I created. I revoked my own admin rights and when I went to the Team profile page I saw:

I then had someone on my team who is a Team Admin grant me admin rights and now I see: