Question

Need help granting a client access to a specific board only

I need to grant a client access to a specific board in Miro, but I don’t want to add him to our group of users in Miro. How can I do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Bogdan Buhanov - If you are on the Free Plan, the only way for someone to have edit access to a board in your plan is for them to be a Team Member.

If you have the Starter or Education Plan, you must use the Visitors feature.

And if you have Business or Enterprise*, you can use the Visitors or Guest feature.

*On the Enterprise Plan, a Company Admin may have disabled one or both of these features.

More on the differences between Visitors, Guests, and Members here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/7045408248594-Visitors-guests-and-members

Userlevel 3

@Bogdan Buhanov   I like what @Robert Johnson  said, but I have never felt the need for this. To give my “clients” access to a board - even though they may not have full control over the board - I do this:

You just have to keep in mind, anyone with the link can access the board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

A few things to note:

even though they may not have full control over the board - I do this [VISITOR ACCESS]

Guests still do not have full control over a board, e.g., they cannot

• change the name of the board
  • delete the board
  • modify (or even see) board sharing settings

You just have to keep in mind, anyone with the link can access the board.

This is perhaps one of the biggest benefits of using the Guest feature. When you add someone as a Guest, the board does not have to be open to the public. And, sure, you can password protect the board, however, if someone gets a hold of the board and password, they are in. When you are a Guest, only the specified Miro account profile can access it.

Other benefits of the Guest feature

• From their dashboard, Guests can see the team space where the board(s) reside, so they don’t bookmark or find the link again. And while they could star the board (for access again from their starred boards page, if the board is password protected, it eventually disappears from the starred boards view (this is due to a technical limitation around sessions and the fact that a password protected board’s name will no longer be displayed until the password is entered).
  • Unique access level per Guest – E.g., Bob needs to edit the board, but Sally only needs to view it. Later, Jim needs to be able to add comments, and so on.

Which plans support which Guest permissions?

Most notably, Starter and Education Plans only support Guest viewers and commenters.

@Bogdan Buhanov / @Kenneth Ritley - I will DM you both a Guest editor link, so you can experience it for yourselves, if you haven’t already.

You can choose to leave the team, and therefore the board a few ways: