Name for Visitors

• 7 March 2022
  • 7 replies

When sharing a link, I would like visitors (not guests) to be able to display their names during participation.  Working with large Executive groups for one day does not warrant trying to get everyone to sign up for Miro and figure all that out.  

The solutions I have seen on here so far are all for guests, whom have a guest login.  Other whiteboards in the industry do a great job of this by prompting visitors when they arrive to add their name.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Erynn Szewczyk. Great idea! Repost it as an idea in the Wish List and you’ll get my vote. :blush:

You know, I’ve been trying to post this in the wishlist all day. Not sure why it didn't go there!

@Henrik Ståhl 

Just tried to and now its coming up as duplicate and not letting me. They need to check their UX for these boards. :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Strange - I thought this feature was out of beta and available for everyone:

But I don’t see any mention of this in the Collaboration with visitors Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-visitors#How_it_works_for_visitors

@Erynn Szewczyk - What plan type do you have? Do you see this option in the board’s Share settings → Sharing settings → Permissions?

Or perhaps I just have this as a left-over beta feature from the old “guest editor” days.

“You will never miss a visitor on your board - once the visitor enters the board, you can see the visitor icon in the top-right corner and their cursor. Every visitor with edit access will get a generated name (E.g.: Visiting Inventor). To collaborate with the real name the user will need to sign up/sign in.”

According to this, they need an account. I believe we have a business account.  While the three on my team use Miro daily, asking out Sr Execs. to sign up for a guest account is really not ideal. For now we will hide the cursors, but in future, it would be super helpful or these one off sessions. I came from an Invision house, and while their board doesn't have as many features, every visitor can have a name, and is prompted to. I believe they also optionally ask for an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Erynn Szewczyk - I will report back here if I hear anything about the feature I have shown in my screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Robert Johnson Doesn’t seem to be out of beta. :disappointed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just tried to and now its coming up as duplicate and not letting me. They need to check their UX for these boards. :D

Oh no! :see_no_evil:  Did you try giving it a slightly different title, like “Name for Visitors (not Guests)” or something like that?