My board became someone else's

• 11 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

I created a board in August and worked on it for a month without issue. However, recently when I try to access the board again, I found the board’s owner became someone else and I lost permission to the board. What could have possibly happened?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nicolas C - You could have been deleted from the team at which point your content (boards, projects, custom templates) were assigned to someone else and then you were re-added to the team.

If you are not a Team Admin of the team in which the board resides, this could happen to you at any time.

@Nicolas C - You could have been deleted from the team at which point your content (boards, projects, custom templates) were assigned to someone else and then you were re-added to the team.

If you are not a Team Admin of the team in which the board resides, this could happen to you at any time.

Thanks Robert, that’s probably what happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You’re welcome!

This is just one of the ways that some team admins gain control of a user’s board in the event, say, they are on vacation and someone else needs to facilitate a session using tools only available to the owner of the board.

Another option could be to duplicate the board, but this may be always be possible, e.g., the board content settings may not allow for duplication.