Moving objects from one frame to another

• 3 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I have two frames, one positioned entirely inside another. I’ve realised that some of the objects that are positioned within the inner frame are actually associated with the outer frame. How do I change the frame with which these objects are associated so that all the objects positioned within the inner frame are actually associated with with the inner frame and therefore allow me to move the inner frame along with all of the objects inside it?

Thanks in anticipation!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Geoff Soper -

Were the objects originally created or moved into the outer frame and then inner frame was added later? I’ve found that if I create or move the objects into an inner frame and then move that into an outer frame, the relationships are preserved.

An alternate brute force way to achieve what you’ve asked for would be to group the objects with the inner frame.

Kiron 

@Geoff Soper -

Were the objects originally created or moved into the outer frame and then inner frame was added later? I’ve found that if I create or move the objects into an inner frame and then move that into an outer frame, the relationships are preserved.

I can’t be sure which order the objects were created in but I’ve solved this by deleting the outer frame and moving any objects that were positioned outside of the inner frame into the inner frame. This taught me that the way to associate existing objects with an existing frame is to simply drag them into it, I hadn’t actually realised this before…
Once all the required objects were associated with the inner frame, I recreated the outer frame.