Question

moving content created in Miro

• 20 December 2022
  • 9 replies

I have made a very simple flow chart and would like to paste it into a word document. How do I do this?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TamiA - A few options are:

- Export the flow chart from a Frame as  an image

- Copy the selected objects as an image

- old fashioned screenshot 

Thank you - I don’t have the option to save it as an image. Is this because of the level of my membership? (I am currently using the free version). 
the problem with screen shots are that you don’t get a clean white background 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TamiA - You could put a frame around your content and set the frame's background colour to white (if it isn't already by default).

The copy as image feature is available for all plans, but may only work for some objects/in certain scenarios.

Thanks so much. It is white but it has the background boxes. This is a really helpful answer however. Am not sure why the save as image function isn’t available… hmm

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TamiA - Are you able to share of a screenshot of exactly what you are attempting to export to a Word document?

I am also wondering how to create a circle joining the boxes, a sort of flow diagram that is a neat circle rather than the curved lines that do not necessarily make up that circle. Which is also why I wanted to transfer it to a word document as I think it might be easier to do it that way? Thanks so much for your support 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The Copy as image option is not in the board export menu. Watch the GIF in this link:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413451973266-Copy-as-text-or-as-an-image#Copy_as_image

You could make a circle by pressing the S key and selecting the circle shape. Then, to make the circle bigger while keeping its circular shape, hold the Shift key while dragging it bigger or smaller. 

It if is "on top" of the other shapes, pressing the page down key, e.g., PgDn, key on your keyboard to send it to the back/behind other objects on the board. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I also see in your screenshot that you don't have a Dreamer around the shapes. If you press the F key, the cursor will turn I to a crosshair and you can click-and-drag around the shapes to create a frame. From there, you can export the frame as an image too.