Question

Miro usage in a company/ pay plans

• 22 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there! I am using Miro in my team, and I purchased “Team” with three included members.

Can I add people to Miro boards without creating costs on my personal account?

So to speak: That every user has payment in his own behalf?

Thank you for the answer!

Cheers

Dominik

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, I think you should be able to add others by sharing a link with them with the “Anyone with the link” “Can edit”, and if you need you can set an optional password.  

They should be able to contribute to the board whether signed in to Miro on not. There are some limitations i.e. they won’t have all paid for features and you can set some restrictions on what they can and cant do. Hope that helps!  David.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dominik Dietrich -

Other than the Visitor access method which @DavidB. has suggested, if you want to provide them with full edit access to your boards as named users, then the costs for this would be incurred against your Miro account even if they have their own (separate) Miro accounts. 

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dominik Dietrich

Can I add people to Miro boards without creating costs on my personal account?

No. You can give them access to the board using the Visitors/public, i.e., Anyone with the link feature.

Visitors

With the Visitors feature, you may or may not see name in the participants panel (top-right, to the left of the Share button) and beside their cursor. Here are a scenarios to consider:

User has their own Miro account - Free or Paid (and is signed in)

• In this scenario, you would see their Miro account profile name.

User does not have a Miro account (or is signed out)

• You would not see their “real name”. Instead, a visitor name would randomly be assigned to them, e.g., Visiting Mirohero.
  • Enabling “Visitor Names” - With this feature, you could prompt them to first enter their name when accessing the board. As of this post, this appears to only be available to users enrolled in Smart Meetings Beta, which does include Team Plan subscribers (but is subject to change once out of beta).

Starring Boards

It is also worth noting that when you use the Visitors feature, the only way a non-registered Miro user can get back to the board is by using the link you shared with them. However, registered Miro account holders could “star” the board and find it again later from the Starred boards page in their dashboard. More on this here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571294-What-is-on-your-dashboard#h_5cd98397-9bf9-4367-9b76-c77d32a3b890

Guests

Available on the Consult, Business, and Enterprise Plans is the Guest feature. This feature allows you to invite people outside your organization (clients or partners) to collaborate safely on one or more boards without needing to invite them to your team. Guests (previously non-team users) are required to sign in and when added to your board(s), have access to many features of your paid Miro plan and continued access to shared boards in their dashboard. Adding guests is free of charge and there is no limit to the number of guests you can add.

While the Consultant Plan costs 50% more, if you don’t anticipate growing your paid seat count much further, and you anticipate working with external clients, you may want to consider upgrading to the Consultant Plan. A few benefits of Consultant over Team:

• Unlimited Guests
  • Miro Smart Diagramming
  • Private, secure workspace for every client (you can create unlimited team spaces)
  • No minimum seat requirement (unlike the Team plan, which requires at least two)

Using Guest access over Visitor access also means that you truly “add the user to the board” vs. “giving anyone with the link access”. This allows you to ensure that only those you specified can access it, and that not just anyone with the link on the Internet is looking at--or editing--the board. Guests can also more easily find the boards that you add them too as they will see the team icon where the board resides while on their Miro dashboard (in the left, vertical bar), e.g.:

But they will NOT see any other boards, or be able to create boards in that team.

Upgrading from Team to Consultant Plan

If you do decide to go this route, unfortunately you will not be able to do this yourself from your Miro account settings - you’ll need to ask the Miro support team to do this for you.

I hope this helps.