Answered

Miro story wall link to Jira

• 20 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I have been creating Epics and Stories in Miro on the Story Wall Template. I’d like to export these to a Jira board. How do I do this? All the documentation about Miro and Jira talking about setting up a ‘web hook’ seems to be about bringing tickets from Jira into Miro. is the process the same and do I need Jira admin rights?

thanks

Cathy

icon

Best answer by Marina 1 September 2020, 11:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cathypash I’m not familiar with Jira’s import methods, so I’m not sure this will be useful to you, but assuming that you were referring to the User Story Map template that is made up of sticky notes, the only way I can find to export this data is by using Miro’s native Export to CSV (excel) on the stickies:

However, from my quick test, this appears to just export the items into a CSV file in alphabetical order - here is the entire export process:

NOTE: This export method does not include Comments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cathypash,

Currently, the integration between Miro and Jira allows you 1) to import Jira issues to Miro boards as Jira cards and 2) to create new Jira issues from within Miro by converting Miro widgets into Jira cards or by creating new cards.

If you would like to export a Miro template/User story map to a Jira dashboard while keeping the original structure of the template, I'm afraid it's not currently possible as you can only convert separate Miro widgets into Jira issues. 

5c614aab68978.gif

In order to set up the integration, you need Jira admin rights. Please find the instructions here

Hi @cathypash,

Currently, the integration between Miro and Jira allows you 1) to import Jira issues to Miro boards as Jira cards and 2) to create new Jira issues from within Miro by converting Miro widgets into Jira cards or by creating new cards.

If you would like to export a Miro template/User story map to a Jira dashboard while keeping the original structure of the template, I'm afraid it's not currently possible as you can only convert separate Miro widgets into Jira issues. 

5c614aab68978.gif

In order to set up the integration, you need Jira admin rights. Please find the instructions here

if you work for n enterprise you may have to open up firewalls to allow MIRO and Jira onsite to talk to each other.