Miro Plugin for Sketch unable to login after SSO password change.

• 22 February 2022
  • 6 replies

I changed my SSO password and now the Miro plugin for Sketch doesn’t let me log in. The Miro desktop app works. The website works. So I know the SSO password is working there. Sketch has recently updated their app so maybe the Miro plugin needs to be updated as well? I am not the only person in my company having this problem. I have checked other similar topics here and have not found the solution.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Aaron Jones!

Thank you for reporting the issue! 🛠

We’re sorry you’ve run into it but please have no worries - I’ve converted this post into a support ticket and our team will reach out to you shortly via email. Stay tuned! 🙂

@Helga , can you also add me into this support ticket please?

I have the exact same issue in my company where none of the designers can use the Miro plugin in sketch to link to Miro boards using our SSO login.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Marc Jamais!

We confirmed with the Team that the bug with Sketch was resolved yesterday. So could you please download a new version of the plugin https://github.com/miroapp/sketch_plugin/releases/tag/1.6.3 and check if you can sign in to Miro & sync the boards?

I downloaded from your GitHub page labeled 1.6.3 but the unzipped plugin is 1.6.2. Did you accidentally zip up the wrong file? I have tried multiple times, uninstalling the old one, deleting it from my hard drive and downloading again. Still the same problem.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Aaron Jones Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

It turned out we didn't change the version in the plugin manifest. We released a new version 1.6.4 - it has a correct version number. Could you please try it out and let us know if everything is working fine on your side?

@Helga This version works. It didn’t at first so I restarted my computer. I assumed there was some cached password information somewhere in my computer. So if you have SSO login issues with the plugin you have to restart your computer before the new version will work. Hopefully it will work with Sketch 84, but I'm not installing that yet.

Short story: Thank you, version 1.6.4 works.