Answered

Miro on another server?

• 16 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello I wonder if we have the option to download it and raise a server in our own infrastructure. In other words, install miro and install on our server, instead of using it directly on his server, is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 16 December 2020, 18:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Wesley Jean de Jesus Ramos -

Could you provide a better understanding as to why you’d want to do this? If it is for security concerns, the Miro team have done a good job of documenting their security stance and approach here: https://miro.com/security/

Miro is a cloud-based solution and as far as I know there is no provision for it to be hosted anywhere other than in their data centers. @Marina - can you confirm this?

Kiron

@Wesley Jean de Jesus Ramos -

Could you provide a better understanding as to why you’d want to do this? If it is for security concerns, the Miro team have done a good job of documenting their security stance and approach here: https://miro.com/security/

Miro is a cloud-based solution and as far as I know there is no provision for it to be hosted anywhere other than in their data centers. @Marina - can you confirm this?

Kiron

In order not to have our data on another server, as it is a public company.

Example:
instead of miro.com/app ---- → miro. <company name> / app

The idea is to use the Miro API to generate dashboards, maps, from our application.
But from what I understand, this approach does not seem possible, I will be evaluating these security issues with the team.

Wesley

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

Right - an on-premise version of Miro is not on the roadmap for the near future, but I wanted to point out that a lot of companies across the globe are currently using Miro for a variety of uses. We've been vetted by dozens of security and IT departments within these companies to be able to provide their employees with our application.