Skip to main content

Since the new UI update, regardless if I am working in the webapp or not, I get asked to log back in about every 30 min. I asked our IT if they made any changes to the security settings, and they say they did not. It’s highly disruptive to the workflow and hoping that this is not an issue when doing a workshop with a client. I am an admin on our account, but I cannot find where we might change this setting or if that is only something that IT can do.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hi @Jerrod Philipps,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you a member or a guest user in an Enterprise organization? If so, it’s possible that your organization has enabled the Idle Session Timeout feature. This setting allows Company Admins to define how long users can be idle before being automatically logged out, requiring them to log back in.

You may want to check with your IT team to see if this has been enabled. For more details on this feature, you can check out this article: Idle Session Timeout.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Says that I am a Member [Team Admin]. I’ll double check with the Admin, but they said they didn’t touch any settings. But I’ll see what they say it’s currently set to. But isn’t it an odd behavior to log you out even when you are working in the file? Regardless of the security setting.

Thanks for your response. 

Hi @Jerrod Philipps,

Thanks for the follow-up!

If your Enterprise organization didn't set this up, it’s possible that the Idle Session Timeout could have been enabled by another organization where you are either a guest or a member. Could you please check if you're part of another Enterprise organization, apart from the one where you have the Team Admin role?

Also, I agree that it’s unusual to be logged out while actively working. The Idle Session Timeout is designed for security purposes, and you should only be logged out when you've been inactive for the set idle time.

I have your post converted into a support ticket so our team can look into this further. Please check your inbox for their response!