Miro links that change on their own

• 26 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I created a board with multiple frames.  In one frame is a reporting structure with titles.  In another frame are multiple job descriptions.  I spent a ton of time linking the job titles to the correct job descriptions.  A day later, the links now don’t go to the descriptions but to the overall frame that houses the descriptions.  Does this have something to do with the way I’m locking the frame?  Do I need to lock the items individually instead?  Is there something else I need to do to keep the links from changing?  Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Emma Oberdieck - I am unable to reproduce what you are describing - however, I am having to make a number of assumptions based upon only having a few descriptive words to go on.

Are you able to create a test board with at least two frames and a few descriptions, and then link the way you did in the other board? Then you could share a link of that board here in view-only, i.e., Anyone with the link → Can view/Visitors mode. Or, if there is no confidential information on your current board, can you share a screen recording of exactly what you did/is happening? FYI: Loom is free and easy to use/share screen recordings.

For my test, I create a sticky in a big frame, captured the link of the sticky, locked the sticky and frame, created another sticky in a frame somewhere else on the board, linked that sticky to the first one, then locked the second sticky and frame - clicking on the second sticky still takes me directly to the first sticky.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Here is an example → https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVOCYvqfg=/