Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to make frames in miro that export as an 11x17 sized PDF. Has anyone been able to create dimensions for frames that export to inches/ traditional paper sizes? Ive tried multiple methods but keep on getting an export thats around 8x6”. Any advice or files/ templates you have successfully done this in would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

I have the same question. Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated!

Here’s a hack until they Miro decides to add it as a selection:

1. create two 8.5x11 frames
  2. but them 11” edge to 11” edge
  3. pull one 11” edge of one 8.5x11 frame across the gutter of the two frames to snap to the outer edge of the adjacent 8.5x11 frame
  4. delete the one 8.5x11 frame
  5. name the new 17x11 frame as ‘17x11 template’ to duplicate from

Another option is to make a shape that is 11x17, put a frame around it, and then resize it by holding Shift as you drag from a corner to maintain the aspect ratio - in this example, I made a shape that is 1100x1700:

MultiFrame App

And, if you wanted to frame a bunch of objects at once and force a 11x17 aspect ratio, you could use my app call MultiFrame, which I updated ten minutes ago to include the 11x17 aspect ratio.

In this example, I show that, when I create an 11x17 black frame with no padding around my 1100x1700 shape, that it is a true ratio as you can see no black behind it:

And here is what happens with a bit of padding and when framing objects of different aspect ratios:

You can install MultiFrame from the Miro Marketplace → https://miro.com/marketplace/multiframe/