Skip to main content

I recently installed the Miro app for Mac, but it doesn’t load! All I see is a webpage promoting Canvas ‘24. I even registered for the event in hope that this will go away. Yet, nothing has changed!

Reinstalling the app doesn’t change the issue either! Do you have any idea about how to get rid of this? It’s really frustrating that I cannot use the app and I am forced to access Miro in the browser!

Here’s an image of what I see:

Miro app stuck on Canvas 24 promo

HI @Sepehr Etminanrad,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Based on our investigation, we have not been able to reproduce this issue on our side. Rest assured that our team is aware of it and has taken steps to check with our internal team further. We’ll update you on this once we have the information.

In the meantime, since reinstalling the app didn’t resolve the issue, have you tried resetting the app's data before uninstalling and reinstalling? This might help fix this.

Please let us know if this resolves it or if you need further assistance! 

Thank you very much @Eca!

Your solution worked perfectly. Resetting the app’s data resolved the issue.

Hi @Sepehr Etminanrad 

Happy to hear your issue was resolved! If you’re interested in learning more about some of Miro’s biggest product updates that may be relevant to your use case, save your spot here at our Canvas ‘24 event happening October 8th. Please let me know if you have any additional questions – happy to help!

I am also having this issue - on Windows desktop app. Very frustrating. 

I found where the App data files live, but it’s unclear if i need to delete ALL the files here or just some of them. 

Hi @Nicholas Wright 

Thanks for reaching out! Have you had a chance to try the steps I recommended earlier, like resetting the app's data? If not, you can follow these steps for the Windows app:

1. Reset Application Data:

• Open the Miro app.
    • In the top menu, click Help > Reset Application Data.
    • This should refresh the app and potentially resolve the issue.
  2. Deleting App Data Manually:
    If resetting the app data doesn’t work, and you’re manually deleting app data, you’ll want to delete all the files inside the Miro App Data folder, as this will ensure a fresh setup when you restart the app. Here’s how:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to %AppData%/RealtimeBoard.
    • Delete all files in this folder.

Let me know if that resolves the issue or if you need further assistance!

This is super annoying...

Sorry for the annoyance, @Julian Meindl. Can totally understand the frustration. :/

Hope the steps outlined above help.