Miro Copy Paste shows wrong elements

• 1 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

When copy pasting text elements of a PDF onto MIRO, it suddenly started to show wrong and very diffused text data. For example, I copy pasted a clear sentence, but what it shows on MIRO is the following:

obleml semechan smus, w ru ter auc die ekan te Aus age von Milton ri dman (197 ) z f ssen ist „th social re 

obleml semechan smus, w ru ter auc die ekan te Aus age von Milton ri dman (197 ) z f ssen ist „th social re 

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I would be very thankful for help.

Best,

Dominic

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@dominic graber -  This has never happened to me. However, I don’t copy-and-paste from PDF to Miro very often.

I just created the attached PDF from Word using Adobe Acrobat and the text pastes fine from Window 10 64-bit into a Miro board using Chrome and the latest Miro desktop app (0.4.6).

Some questions:

• What happens if you do a “plain text paste”? (Ctrl+Shift+V in Windows, Option+Shift+Cmd+V on Mac)
  • Does this happen for every PDF?
  • Are you doing this a browser? Miro desktop app?
  • What if you try this on another device/application?
  • What software was used to create the PDF? Has that software changed?
  • Have you tried with a PDF that you could say for certain did work, but no longer does?