Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I have several Miro boards, of which one is quite large (>2000 elements, many images).

Recently, I've noticed that all my boards, including the smaller ones, are loading significantly slower than before. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks for your support,
Tom

Hi @TomRM,

You mentioned that you're experiencing slow performance across multiple boards, including a large one with over 2000 elements. Please note that board performance can be affected by the amount of content and by collaborative sessions with many users.

Here are some tips to help improve board loading speed:

• Delete unnecessary content, especially heavy files (e.g., large PDFs or high-resolution images).
  • Convert heavy PDFs and images to PNG or JPG formats before re-uploading them.
  • Downscale your board content if it appears too large at 100% zoom. You can adjust the size by selecting all elements (Ctrl + A on Windows or Cmd + A on Mac) and resizing them.

For more detailed guidance, check out this article: Board performance and loading issues.

As for boards with a smaller number of objects or content, it’s helpful to test them in Incognito mode. If the issue is not present there, the problem might be related to extensions or cache.

If you're using the desktop app, try to reset the app data or uninstall and reinstalling the app.

Let me know if this helps!

Thank you for your tips. :)
I’m using the Desktop App on Mac. The whole app appeared to be slow, resetting the data didn’t change anything. But reinstalling the app helped. 👍🏼

Hi @TomRM,

Thanks for the update! Glad to know that reinstalling the app fixed the issue. If you encounter the same problem again, or if you need help with anything, please do not hesitate to reach out.