Skip to main content

I have used miro for over a year now and over the last two weeks, it’s started to have major lagging issues whenever i am writing. It pauses every 5 seconds or so, and I have to wait until I can write again. I have use the app on iPad and I have uninstalled and redownloaded it and the problem persists. It is apparent on all my boards now. And this is happening only after I purchased a year long subscription, but now the app has become unusable until the lagging improves.

HI @Ancient_Luke  Sorry to hear about the problems. Did you try running Miro from a browser instead of from the app?

To the best of my knowledge Miro is a browser application - which means that when you use a Miro app, that app is doing nothing more than giving you a “browser that does not look like a browser.”

So if you have the same behavior when using Miro in e.g. Safari, that would be a key piece of information.

Good luck!  Ken 

It happens on both the app and when i access it on a browser on the ipad. It works perfectly on a laptop. The same issue is on every board

Hi @Ancient_Luke,

I’m sorry to hear about the lagging issues you’re experiencing with Miro. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the lag on your iPad:

1. Ensure that your Miro app is up to date. Check for any available updates in the App Store.

2. Clear Cache and Data:

• If you’re using the app, try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again to clear any cached data.
    • For the browser, clear your browser cache to ensure you’re loading the latest version of the Miro site.
  3. Close any other applications running in the background on your iPad to free up resources for Miro.

4. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve performance issues.

5. If you’re using Safari, try accessing Miro through a different browser, like Chrome, to see if the issue persists.

6. Ensure you have a stable internet connection. If possible, switch between Wi-Fi and cellular data to see if that helps.

7. If you have other intensive apps running, they may affect Miro's performance. Make sure your device is not overloaded with tasks.

Please check out these helpful links for more detailed troubleshooting:

Let me know if you need further assistance, and I hope your Miro experience improves soon!

Hi @Ancient_Luke 

Eca’s troubleshooting advice sounds pretty good. Since it happens on your iPad browser and your iPad app, but your laptop is fine, this suggests your iPad is somehow causing the issue, rather than your network itself. 

I am no expert, but (1) rebooting/restarting the iPad as Eca suggests; (2) ensuring no other apps are running at all on your iPad, so there is little memory issue; (3) trying to work with an extremely simple Miro board, ideally a blank one, ensuring all other boards are closed - that sounds like the simplest possible situation.

If THAT still shows bad behavior, there is a another test you can do:

Interestingly -- and this is probably not want you want to hear -- a few years ago I had a BIOS problem (one of the chips) and my computer “stuttered” every 5 seconds. One way to notice this was in a word processing application or email, where you can type text. If I tried to type a steady stream of characters into e.g. an email, maybe pressing the keys as fast as I can, every 5 seconds I could see my computer “freeze.”  If you try this and it happens then you KNOW it is not Miro . . . and it would be time to contact the Apple Store people. (In my case I needed a new BIOS chip for my laptop, and my company sent someone around who opened the case and replaced the chip.) 

GOOD LUCK!

I have done all of that troubleshooting and the problem persists. Other people who I share the boards with have the same issue. I do not think it’s an issue with the iPad either. Nothing else has issues. I have also seen others mention having this problem in other threads, but no solutions seemed to help them either.

Hi @Ancient_Luke,

Thanks for the update! I’ve gone ahead and converted your post into a support ticket so this can be handled and investigated more thoroughly. Please check your inbox for their response and kindly share any instruction provided by support in the Community to help others that might encounter this issue.

We appreciate your patience on this!