Miro board won't open

• 5 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I have logged into my account, i haven’t used it for a while.  When i click on a board a new tab opens with the miro symbol in grey moving in the centre but the board won’t open.

Do i need to change any browser settings?  I am using Edge.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alex Matthews -

Does this happen with any board or only with one specific board? If it is all boards, I’d suggest accessing Miro a different way (e.g. Desktop app or a different web browser) to see if you get the same behavior. If it works, then it is an Edge issue - try clearing all your history, cache, etc. and restart the browser. If it doesn’t work then it might be an issue with your Miro account.

Based on the results, you can then submit a support request here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Hi Kiron

I cleared the history etc. and restarted the browser, now works on Internet Explorer but still not Microsoft Edge.  Could there be a setting within Edge preventing it from opening?

Thanks

Alex 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alex Matthews -

I’m not an Edge user so can’t think of what might cause this, however, as per this Help Center article (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572814-Supported-Browsers), neither IE nor Edge are fully supported by Miro, so you may wish to switch to a different, more fully supported browser or use the Miro desktop app.

Kiron

My organisation restricts to Internet Explorer and Edge so i may struggle.  Doesn’t work on the app either.  Thanks for your help, i will try an alternative.

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alex Matthews & @Kiron Bondale - I just want to clear something up. There are two flavours of Microsoft Edge:

1. Legacy
  2. Chromium based

As of January 2020, the first stable version of the new, Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser was released (version 79). Chromium is an open-source browser project that Google Chrome’s browser is based off, so for the sake of using Miro, I would wager to say that any version higher than 79 of Microsoft Edge (current stable version is 88.x) will be comparable to Google Chrome - enough that I have been using the new MS Edge on work laptop with Miro and have yet to run into any issues.

Regarding the Supported Browsers Help Center article - it is out of date and clarification is needed around the difference between Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge (@Marina - tagging you in here :wink:).

For example, in the above article, all of the features that are listed as “not available” for Edge, do in fact work in the latest version of the Microsoft Edge browser: