Miro board is laggy, slow and freezing

I’ve found that over the last few weeks my Miro board i’ve been working has become increasingly slow - to the point the browser becomes unresponsive and not usable. I’ve deleted stuff from the board to reduce performance issues but ideally I need to keep all this information on the board. Any workarounds on this?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sannah Siddique -

Have you tried with a different browser or the desktop app to confirm it is not related to your default browser and any extensions running within it?

Also, have you tried reducing the size (density) of any images you have imported as those can contribute to board slow downs?

Kiron

I posted a similar issue 3 days ago - and heard nothing back.  At least someone has replied to you.  

Same problem. I have two account this business one and a free one. It’s weeks that Miro has problems, in my case 2:

1. I open a board, I start to see the elements of the board and that’s all, Miro remains stuck in this perpetual load, so I have to refresh the browser, sometime work, sometime no.

2. If the content is successfully loaded, then I have lag problems. I double click on an element, and then I have to wait 3 seconds (I counted them) to see the result of my action. This apply to everything, editing text, creating a shape, dragging shapes etc

Checked:

1. It’s not a problem with the amount of content/element in the board. On the business board I’m working now, there’s very few stuff, while on my free account the board to which I refer is flooded with everything, included images pasted from photoshop.

2. It’s not a problem with chrome extensions. I’ve disabled all of them and nothing change

3. It’s not a problem with miro cookies. Deleted them, nothing changed

4. It’s not a problem with my internet connection. I have 125.91Mbs in download, ping ms 10 latency

5. It’s not a problem of my PC specs. 3.60Ghz, 16GB, 4 cores/8 threads

6. It’s not a browser problem, although Firefox instead of having 3 lag seconds it has 2 seconds.

On the other hand, the Chrome and Firefox DOMs report several errors:

Chrome:

Firefox:

these on Firefox are 137

While I am sadly used to Miro having these moments of fall, now it’s a pain as it is affecting badly my work, so any help it’s super appreciated, thanks!😁

I know.  I’ve checked with others who use Miro outside our organisation and they all report similar issues - albeit intermittently. 

One of them told me that they had emailed last week - and were told that nobody else had reported a problem!!

Clearly Miro isn’t listening very hard. 

@Kate McRae 
“ and were told that nobody else had reported a problem” 

ah… nice availability bias😅 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Recommend moving Discussion to this Thread which is growing: Boards are very laggy and slow on desktop app and web app | Miro

I’ve found that over the last few weeks my Miro board i’ve been working has become increasingly slow - to the point the browser becomes unresponsive and not usable. I’ve deleted stuff from the board to reduce performance issues but ideally I need to keep all this information on the board. Any workarounds on this?

I've been encountering some serious slowdowns on my Miro board over the past few weeks. The performance has become so sluggish that my browser is practically freezing and I can't work effectively. I've already removed some content from the board in an attempt to improve things, but the challenge is that I really need to retain all the information on this board. Has anyone else faced this issue? If so, I'd greatly appreciate any tips or workarounds you've found to make Miro run more smoothly. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I've been encountering some serious slowdowns on my Miro board over the past few weeks. The performance has become so sluggish that my browser is practically freezing and I can't work effectively. I've already removed some content from the board in an attempt to improve things, but the challenge is that I really need to retain all the information on this board. Has anyone else faced this issue? If so, I'd greatly appreciate any tips or workarounds you've found to make Miro run more smoothly. 

Recommend you look at this Thread @Tadeoakai https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/boards-are-very-laggy-and-slow-on-desktop-app-and-web-app-12191

Totally agree on this. It is become almost unusable and I am on an MBP M2 Max. There is absolutely no reason for it to be slow on my side. 

Miro – are you all listening or will I have to move to a different platform?

Hey, Compress austin trim or reduce the resolution of images on the board. High-resolution images can significantly impact performance, especially when dealing with large boards. I hope it will help you alot!

Hey, Compress austin trim or reduce the resolution of images on the board. High-resolution images can significantly impact performance, especially when dealing with large boards. I hope it will help you alot!

For me, it’s the entire app. It takes 10-15 seconds for it to go from my HOME area to create a new a new blank board. Doesn’t make sense?