Answered

Miro Board has dissappeared.

• 4 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Two boards in my miro account have disappeared suddenly. All work for my current project is there. It is very important and urgent. Without it I won’t be able to work further. Please help!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 4 December 2020, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CHRISTINA KAMAN - Check your browser history to see if you can find the board links and click on them. If they were deleted in error, you may be able to recover them that way.

If this still doesn't help you find them, please reach out to the Miro Customer Support team directly by creating a ticket via this special form.

@Robert Johnson  I did try to reach through board link from browser history but it is asking my permission to get access from the same registered email ID. Plus, the option to add new board is no longer available. Also there is no reply from the miro customer support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CHRISTINA KAMAN - Thanks for sharing the screenshot. From looking at that, and our PMs, I suspect that you

• were a member of your professor’s team
  • created a few boards in that team
  • were added as a Commenter at the board level to the board in your screenshot (Wicked Problem)
  • were deleted from that team
  • and when you try to access your boards, it is still showing your ID as being the owner of the boards you created - while this shouldn’t ideally happen, it is either due to
    • some caching somewhere as you were only removed about five hours ago
    • or Miro is in fact confused and never removed you as the board owner as you were still a commenter on a board, so it thought you were in fact still a team member, which you clearly are not - this may be a bug.

As I suggested, you should contact the team owner and request to be added back to the team. Hopefully your boards will just “re-appear” as you are still showing as the owner. If they do not, you should search the boards from the Miro dashboard and try to find them and see who is listed as the owner and ask them to:

1. Add you as an editor at the board level
  2. and then go back into the sharing settings and change your role from Can edit to Is owner.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you apply for your own Education Plan account which is free for two years! https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/

When you do finally get your boards back, I would suggest that you export copies of them and once you have your own Education Plan team, you can import them into that team and then they are 100% yours and safe!

Best of luck!

@Robert Johnson Thank you so much for helping me out. :) I got my board back from the team owner. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great! Download some backups just in case!

@Robert Johnson Yes, I will do that. Thank you so much. ☺️