Question

Miro Assist (AI) - is it or will it be available on the Education Plan?

Userlevel 1
Badge

My question is in the title, but i am wondering whether I am missing something… :\

26 replies

My question is as the title states. Just want to check that I haven't missed anything relating to the AI features and education plan? 

Thanks in advance!

I am also on the Educator Plan and don’t seem to have Access to the AI tools. I’d also would like to know when they become available to me and my students. I start teaching AI content creation in october.

Userlevel 2

I have an educator account, and in the last few years I have introduced Miro to hundreds of students.
Recently, I noticed that my students who opened a free account outside the classroom had access to AI features that we don't have when discussing mind maps or working with Sticky notes in class.
Is there any way for educators to have access to the same AI functionalities that the free accounts have?
Is there anything on my end that I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!!

Claudio

Userlevel 2

Here is what I’ll probably try for next semester:

I opened a free account with my Gmail email address. I have AI there. 

My Miro-EDU account invited my Miro-GMAIL account to be part of the team. On the Miro-EDU boards my Miro-GMAIL  looses its AI functionalities…

However, when my Miro-GMAIL invites my Miro-EDU to participate in a board (owned by Miro-GMAIL) suddenly my Miro-EDU has AI functionality. So I understand that they are banning all the Educational accounts from access to AI.

I may use my Miro-Gmail account for some classes, but I’m unsure how many people I can invite to participate (not being part of a team, but just join a board). I know the boards will not be private and without projects, but for classroom purposes I don’t care much. It will be certainly a challenge to manage different classes, butI’ll try (or perhaps use a different solution?)

It would be beneficial if Miro representatives engaged more with users in forums like this. Educators are introducing the platform to thousands of new students, so it's disappointing when posts with constructive feedback and valid requests go unanswered. I hope two-way dialogue can improve as our aim is to help Miro succeed while enhancing educational offerings.  🤷🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@David Meechan / @Adar Bitan / @Jenn F / @Claudio Schapsis - Hey, everyone. My spouse has an Education Plan account and Miro AI is appearing for here. Check yours!

Select an image, sticky, mind map node (with text!) and if you have this button, you have Miro AI:

You can also look for it in the Command palette by pressing Ctrl/Cmd-K:

@David Meechan / @Adar Bitan / @Jenn F / @Claudio Schapsis - Hey, everyone. My spouse has an Education Plan account and Miro AI is appearing for here. Check yours!

Select an image, sticky, mind map node (with text!) and if you have this button, you have Miro AI:

You can also look for it in the Command palette by pressing Ctrl/Cmd-K:

Unfortunately as of today this doesn’t happen to education plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cmchu -

Unfortunately as of today this doesn’t happen to education plan

The screenshots I shared are from an Education Plan, so hopefully the feature will make its way to all Education Plan accounts soon.

Hoping for this too! Thanks all

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Manouska – Could you please ask any Mironeer to clarify if Miro Assist should or will be available for Education Plan users? It seems odd that Free Plan users have it, but not the more feature-rich Educational Plan users.

I will note that the Miro Assist (BETA) help center article does state:

a few months past since Robert successful case…I guess that maybe an exceptional case. Miro is gonna treat education plan as the bottom of food chain - even lower than free users.

Give up your hope buddy.

Hi, I'm trying to get access to the AI feature in Miro. I've requested the Beta option several times, but it hasn't been assigned to my education account. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@QUINTERO GABRIELA - I merged your recent post with this (growing) post where other users are looking for an official answer from Miro as to when/if Miro Assist will be available for Education Plan users.

Thanks Robert !!

Add my name to the list of confused users who would like to definitively know. Since it’s even part of the free plan, it’s really confusing why it wouldn’t be enabled on education as well.

Please add my name to the growing list. My lab is playing with various AI tools & to not have access to it = not using Miro (which I would hate, as I have used Miro a lot & have recommended it to a number of folks at my University).

Thanks!

I have tried every possible way (restart, log out and sign in again), but still don't have it on the education plan 😭. I hope it comes soon.

Hey everybody

Why can I not use the Miro Assist feature with my education account, but I can with a free account model?

Thx for your replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Herr Lo Cascio - I merged your post with this post.

As per the Miro Assist (BETA) Help Center article, Miro Assist is not available for the Education Plan.

I have asked several Mironeers, on several occasions, if they could chime in on this post, yet there has been no response.

Userlevel 2

I just watched the Miroversity session on “Using AI for Rapid Discovery”, and I sure do want this to be available for the Educator Plan. Anyone know exactly why it’s not available to us, and if there is an expected date for our access?  (Like a prior post, I also tried lots of settings/steps/approaches to see if I could get access to the “magic button”.) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Miro Community Team - Tagging you in to see if there is any Mironeer willing to speak to these questions...

Ditto  - great presentation today Using AI for Rapid Discovery...I was able to try Miro Assist on my personal free acct but not on our Education Plan.  Is there a rhyme or reason here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I just noted the following from the January 22, 2024 Miro Assist Challenge post:

Miro Assist is currently available for the following plans: Free, Starter, Business, Enterprise. It is coming to Education plans soon. Please note, for Enterprise accounts, you may need your admin to enable Miro Assist for you. To learn more, check out our Help Center for multiple ways to integrate Miro Assist into your workflows.

I really hope this is added soon; I had to switch from my free account to our education one for school, and I got so accustomed to using the AI Assist tool for background removal of icons; it’s really hard to adjust back to not having that ability, as for me that was the major value-add over just using Google Slides to make figures.

Thanks for addressing this concern with a very straightforward question. Without these threads it would have consumed much of my time trying to figure out the Educational Plan limitations. Thanks to Robert for finding the January 22, 2024 Miro Assist Challenge post:

Miro Assist is currently available for the following plans: Free, Starter, Business, Enterprise. It is coming to Education plans soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing this question @Adar Bitan! We’ve made some updates to Miro Assist that may be helpful for everyone in this threadTo learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates, join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar. You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow!

Hope to see you all there @David Meechan @Claudio Schapsis @Nancy Mustachio @Anne Scarlett @Aaron Green @bbendick @QUINTERO GABRIELA @Jenn F @cmchu @DrB @RD Ng @Herr Lo Cascio @Jane Adams @LLW 😊