Mindmap's lock

Hi 
I can lock the objects in mind map but whenever I want to move another object the locked one’s move to

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Imtired - According to the Locking content on the board help center article, objects within mind maps cannot be locked. 

If this isn't clear or you don't think this applies to what you are trying to do, please provide screenshots or better yet a screen recording (Loom is free and easy to use & share screen recordings).

Thanks for the instructions

Is there any way that I can move the object without the other objects moving in mind map??

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Imtired - I think I will need a screenshot or screen recording of what you are trying to do. Loom is free and easy to use and share screen recordings.

https://www.loom.com/share/a3e674be63df4f6daed46b5165c20e95

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Imtired - Thanks for sharing the screen recording - the issue is clear now.

Upon review of the Mind Map Help Center article, I see the following note:

However, from your video, and my own testing, clearly you can lock mind map nodes.

The questions now become:

1. Is the ability to lock mind map nodes a new feature, and if so, is this ability to push/move child nodes that are locked
    1. intended behaviour
    2. or is it a bug?

@Alyona - Are you able to confirm this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Imtired, @Robert Johnson,

Thanks for looping me in!  

Let me clarify this with the product team, I'll be back once I have any insights to share with you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Imtired, @Robert Johnson, I finally have an update for you!

What I could gather is that the behavior you observed isn't a designed behavior, and the team will consider removing the Lock from Mind Maps. However, at this point, there is no ETA.