Answered

Mind Map how can you assign a task/ due date to a team member?

• 3 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Mind Map how can you assign a task/ due date to a team member?

icon

Best answer by Marina 8 September 2020, 07:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Graham Pearson,

I’m afraid it is not possible to assign tasks/due dates in mind map nodes. This functionality is possible in Cards. Will you please clarify your question if I’m missing smth?

Hi,

I see it as very usefull as well. Mind map is for me as first step to create a plan so why to create map and than duplicate all tasks in kanban as cards. I would like to rather see in mind map nodes as tasks with status of work (done, in progress, backlog), assignee, due date … is it anywhere in product roadmap?

Will be very nice to have something like global kanban where all cards from board fitting filtr will be presented and end users will be able work with it … meaning I create card in mind map but I see it in global kanban as well. Whatever changes I do in global kanban are visible in source place (in this example in mind map) as well. 

Marian 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Marian - While not the ideal solution, you could use the Cardsy web-plugin by @Yash to convert mind map nodes to Cards and then assign users to those Cards.

NOTE: The web-plugin would only be available to team members who are editors and not anonymous/guest editors.

Here it is in action:

Hi @Robert Johnson 

thans for tip. I will use it to save some time by ceating cards. On the other hand more important is to see in mind map that node is task/card and be aware about status. Is this in roadmap? If not I will put it into wish list and lest see how many people will vote.

MariaN

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Marian - You’re welcome. I am only a volunteer moderator of this community forum and have no insights into Miro’s product roadmaps. There are quite a few Wish List Idea posts related to Mind Maps, so I’d suggest having a quick browse of them to see if there are any related to a Status field.

My team currently uses Tags to represent Status:

Badge +1

Are there any updates on this? I am trying to move to Miro from Mindmeister, and this is a mega-powerful feature they have: first draw a mind-map of a situation/problem/project and then turn some of the nodes into tasks by adding due date/assignee

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Marian You could also link to the equivalent card you create. Like this:

That way, you will have an easy connection between a node in the mind map and the card.