Answered

Migrate from free to plan

• 1 June 2021
  • 6 replies

I began my MIRO journey with a free plan, and have created two free plan teams. Now I have upgraded to a Business Plan, but as a new Team. So how do I migrate my boards from the two free plan teams to my new Business Plan Team?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 1 June 2021, 16:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Øystein Leonardsen -

As the free plans don’t support making backups of boards, one method would be to share the boards with a user from the Business plan, then open the boards as that user and copy all the content from the original boards to new boards in the Business plan.

Kiron

Thank you @Kiron Bondale. Looks a little complicated, but we will try it out. Would be great if it was part of a paid plan. Probably a lot of people begin with a free version

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Øystein Leonardsen - I just tested this method myself and it should work.

1. Open the Free Plan team board’s Share settings and set to Anyone with the link → Can view and copy the board link to your clipboard:
  2. Then open the board from your Business Plan Miro account profile, click on the board name, and then the Duplicate button:

If your Miro account profile (email address) is a member of more than one team, you should be prompted to select which team/space you want to save the board to.

I will also note that if your Business Plan account profile is a member of more than one team, you can move any boards that you own to any other teams that your profile is a member of.

Example: I am a member of ten teams:

I select one to switch to that team’s dashboard and then use the ellipsis menu for a board that I own and select Move to account - if you are set up like this currently, you could move the boards from your Free Plan team to the Business Plan team:

And if it is a Free Plan team and you are NOT the board owner, you could duplicate the board and then move it:

What if you are on a free or team plan and both those teams upgrade to the Business Plans, will the original boards automatically transfer/upgrade or do we also need to duplicate them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Andrea N Rodriguez - Because boards are attached to/reside in a team, when the team is upgraded, the boards remain with the team and will therefore inherit any new functionality associated with the new team/plan type/subscription.

In short: Yes :)

@Robert Johnson Yes! Thank you for that confirmation.