Skip to main content

Is there a way to reposition the context menu that pops up when you hover over a google doc? If you zoom in to read the doc (you kinda have to zoom in unless you have eagle eyes), it gets covered up by the other toolbars.

Secondly, is there a way to scroll through the document instead of having to read the first page, go to the toolbar and click the right arrow, read the second page, and repeat?

context menu (part that says “1 of 71” plus two iconts to the right) is covered by toolbar (part that starts with a right-facing caret)

@Rectangle

Is there a way to reposition the context menu

No, but if you’re on a device with a standard keyboard, you should be able to hide the context menu by holding down the Shift key.

Secondly, is there a way to scroll through the document instead of having to read the first page, go to the toolbar and click the right arrow, read the second page, and repeat?

There is no scrolling. However, you could extract the pages:

If the documents in an embedded Google Document, then your best bet is to open the document in a modal and scroll through it that way (not ideal, and a few seconds more to open in Google Drive, but it’s likely still better than clicking “next page” over and over.

More on this here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017731253-Google-Drive#h_01F9ZY6KP8RCFGAYSEHYTZ072X

For example:

Hey @Robert Johnson, thank you for your reply and for those tips. 

For the context menu, I didn’t know that shift will hide it. However, I want it to stay on and hide the surrounding menus that are covering it. 

Unfortunately, I can’t use the extract or open the doc per the support articles. I get a message about allowing cookies, and when I do allow cookies I get an error. So I have a support ticket out to see how to resolve that. 

Have a great day. And thank you again for your support.