Skip to main content

Hello, I'm a manager at a company, and I'm considering using Miro to manage our teams. We have 5 teams, each with several members. I would like to create a main account responsible for payments and control over all teams and members across different departments. Only the team managers need to have edit permissions, while the other members only need to view.

My question is: which Miro plan would be best suited for this structure? Do all users need to be members, or can I make only the managers members and the rest visitors? Additionally, is it possible to subscribe to the appropriate plan during the 14-day trial period? I appreciate any guidance!

@Hideki - In short: I would suggest the Business Plan. Here’s why:

We have 5 teams, each with several members. I would like to create a main account responsible for payments and control over all teams and members across different departments.

The Business Plan will let you create unlimited team spaces, which will makes things much cleaner for you as the Company Admin. And, each paid license holder can be a member of any of these teams at no additional cost.

Only the team managers need to have edit permissions, while the other members only need to view.

My question is: which Miro plan would be best suited for this structure? Do all users need to be members, or can I make only the managers members and the rest visitors?

Here is where we should discuss Guests vs. Visitors. If I could sum it up in one sentence, I would say: Visitors are anyone (Miro account holder or not) who are accessing a board that is open to anyone with the link (and password, if one was set). But with Guests, they are explicitly added to the board (or added by a ink generated from the board sharing settings), which does a few things:

• requires they have a Miro account, i.e., add a layer of security
  • Guests now see the team space in their dashboard, which lets them more easily browse back to boards
  • let’s you control who can access the board, e.g., with visitors, if they have the link (and password), they can get it, but with Guests, they cannot, e.g., Bob should be able to view, but Sally needs edit access. And this is where the main difference between the Starter and Business plan comes in: The Business Plan allows for Guest editors.

More difference, check out the Visitors, guests and members help center article.

The Business Plan also allows for additional diagramming shape packs, Jira/Azure Planner, SSO, and more. Check the the Plans and features available for a complete break down.

Additionally, is it possible to subscribe to the appropriate plan during the 14-day trial period?

It should be, as this is what I am seeing when I just went to one of my Free Plan teams, clicked on Upgrade, and chose Try it free:

Let us know if you have any more questions :)