Making suggestions about the UX

Userlevel 1

I have been developing software for 50 years and find Miro’s UX to be the worst (by far) from any application I’ve seen.

I am not sure what forum to be making suggestions on, however. 

I have been using Miro for 2 years now and find it just as awkward as when i started.

Where’s the best place to make suggestions? 

thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Al Shalloway -

You can search the existing wish list ideas (using the Search capability in the community) as there have been a few such suggestions already made. If those match your requirements, you can upvote those. If not, feel free to add specific suggestions using the wish list guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Al Shalloway The worst by far from any application you've seen? Wow, how did you manage to develop software for 50 years without ever using a single Microsoft or Google application? 😂😂😂

Userlevel 1

i think microsoft and google are close 2nds and 3rds.

But i have to admit i apparently messed something up when i tried this before because the autoswitch because it is working as one would expect.

but thanks for comments. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Al Shalloway You might want to hold your horses before throwing your weight around in the future. I can come up with at least 1000 far worse applications on the top of my mind and I haven't developed software nearly as long as you have. 😉 But kudos for admitting your own mistake! More people should have the humility and courage to do that. 🌟

Userlevel 1

the reason I say that Miro has such a bad interface is that i’ve been using it for 2 years and still have the same issues. 

that leads me to make assumptions I admittedly shouldn’t make.

But, the level of struggle I having made dozens of boards is still the same.

And here’s a simple example of how the Miro dev community doesn’t seem to care.

I create miro boards for people to use who have never used Miro before.

It’s important to have frames be up. But there is no option (correct me if they’ve added this - asked for it over a year ago) to have a default setting whether frames are showing on the left.

With complex boards this is essential. Yes, I know about the starting view option. But that doesn’t set frames AFAIK (and I’ve asked).  So, for EVERY board I make, i have to have the starting view explain how to get frames going on the left.  This has to be a simple thing to do.

So, when I say worst UX ever, I have evidence. Yes, I’ve struggled with many applications (Social Oomph being one now).  But there I’m getting used to it and in a little more time I’ll have it nailed. After 2 years of using Miro and still having challenges with using it, I’m extremely frustrated.  They have a great product. But the modality of the interface is a huge challenge. It never seems to work the same way for me. 

An associate of mine has even more experience with it and I’m going to sit down with him and see how much of this is me and how much is Miro. My problem with using software is i like relatively few rules that you use as appropriate instead of what appears (to me) to be lots of special cases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Al Shalloway I’m not sure I follow. When you say “it’s important to have frames be up” and “how to get frames going on the left,” do you mean you want the sidebar to be open by default? 

Userlevel 1

yes. i’d like an option for that. i’ve asked if this were possible and were told it wasn’t. that i could use the start view.

so every miro board i have starts with how to get the sidebar with frames up.

seems silly and easy to fix. request made over a year ago. 

Userlevel 1

and yes, I probably shouldn’t have been so dramatic but i have held this in for a long time and decided I’d start with something. I have a list of about 20 things wrong with the interface. I’ll put them together and you can tell me what I can do.

on the other hand, maybe you want to look at why an experience sw dev and trainer is so frustrated with a tool like Miro.  I have deep UX experience (more than most) and that may be why i’m so frustrated - i can see how it can be so much better. 

btw - i get dozens of people buying Miro to use the boards I create for them. 

Userlevel 1

actually, it’s not working. It fails like i had thought. But it looks like it’s more of a bug than bad design.

Probably because they have an option when no option should be present.   agghh!

totally agree with you! I’m using Miro because, unfortunately, it has a good adoption rate. I find this weird, especially among UX designers. 

The latest: managed to remove my edit permissions from my own board.