Question

Magic mouse zooms in and out of board randomly

• 22 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a magic mouse, using Miro in Chrome browser on a Macbook. I find that the board zooms in and out and moves from side to side in a very distracting way. I think it’s the mouse, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and can recommend troubleshooting steps or has a fix. 

Thanks!

1 reply

If you're experiencing zooming and movement issues while using Miro in Chrome on a Macbook with a Magic Mouse, there are a few potential troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check the zoom settings in your Chrome browser. Sometimes, accidental zooming can occur, especially with trackpad gestures. Make sure the zoom level is set to 100%. You can reset the zoom by pressing Cmd + 0 (zero).
  • Adjust the sensitivity settings of your Magic Mouse. You can do this by going to System Preferences > Mouse. Experiment with the tracking speed and see if adjusting helps with the unwanted zooming and movement.
  • Disable browser extensions to see if any of them are causing the issue. Some extensions interfere with the expected behavior of web applications. Temporarily disable them one by one and check if the problem persists.
  • Ensure that your Magic Mouse is appropriately connected to your Macbook. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Clear your browser cache and cookies. Cached data or corrupted cookies might sometimes lead to unexpected behavior. Go to Chrome settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data, and choose to clear cached images and files.
  • Make sure you are using the latest version of the Chrome browser. Ensure that your Macbook's operating system and Magic Mouse firmware are current.
  • Check if specific settings within Miro might be causing the zooming and movement issues. Look for any zoom or pan settings within Miro itself and experiment with them.
  • Try using a different mouse to see if the issue persists. This will help determine whether the problem is specific to the Magic Mouse or related to the software configuration.
  • Confirm that Miro is fully compatible with the version of Chrome you are using. Check Miro's documentation or support resources for information on browser compatibility.

Remember to restart your browser or computer after making changes to ensure the adjustments take effect. If the issue persists, please provide feedback to Miro and Apple to assist them in resolving any compatibility issues. You can also consult at https://titandevsquad.com/ for any help.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello! I no longer use my Magic Mouse although my colleagues have experienced this same issue on occasion. Apple Support suggests: “Press Command-Option-8 to turn zooming off. Probably screen zooming for Accessibility has gotten turned on. Press Command-Option-8 to turn zooming off. If you are using magic mouse, one finger two taps zooming in the screen, to make it normal, one finger two taps”