Answered

Lost the editor rights on my own board

• 10 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I am new to MIRO

I created a massive workflow in Miro, when I was working on sharing it with my team I must have ticked the wrong box because I lost the editor rights to my own board. If I try to access sharing settings it tells me to request editor rights.

Well I am the only person linked to the board and somehow managed to degrade myself from editor to commentor, and basically no one has rights to edit the board now. Can someone help me regain my editor rights???

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 10 August 2021, 23:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sölvi Guðmundsson - The board owner role will always have editing/sharing rights for a board.

Who does it say is the Owner when you are in your Miro dashboard?

Another way to see who is the board owner is to open the board and click on the board title:

Note: You will only be able to access the board details if the Board Content Settings are set to allow for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sölvi Guðmundsson - One other scenario to watch out for is when you have two Miro account profiles, i.e., two different emails addresses that you sign in with - for example: emailA and emailB. If both profiles are members on the same team, but you were signed in with emailA when you created the board, if you sign in with emailB, you will not be the board owner.

I’m not saying that is the case here, but thought it was worth noting for future readers.

Thanks this helps, I have figured out who the owner is. Not me nor another email I own but a colleague of mine. I will request access from her.

Thank you @Robert Johnson