Lost Notes

• 11 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Notes have been disappearing in Note slide-out section of the Miro Board. It’s quite alarming because I’m able to get a lot of information input but when I come back, the notes have disappeared.

Are there any settings I can change to make sure I’m not continuing to lose my notes?

Thanks,

Jonathan

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jonathan Hickerson - There is no setting for this as the Notes should not disappear.

At first I was going to suggest that you use the object lock functionality, however, it does not appear to exist in the Visual Notes panel.

Next, I was going to suggest hat you review the Activity List to see who may have deleted it, and then you could try to restore it from the Activity List, however, I am not seeing the Visual Notes panel changes even being logged in the Activity List - I believe they should be.

@Marina - Are you able to confirm that Visual Notes changes are currently not supposed to be captured in the Visual Notes panel?

@Jonathan Hickerson - I would suggest:

1. That you keep your notes elsewhere for now, e.g., a rectangle shape, maybe even in a frame, so you can get to them a little quicker using the frames panel.
  2. Share your feedback with Miro using the the built-in feedback icon from with the Visual Notes panel:

Feedback and help

In the lower-left corner, you can share your feedback on your Visual Notes experience or check out the tutorials and the shortcuts you can use in the Notes section.

Dec-18-2019_11-26-54.gif
Sharing feedback and checking the tutorials

Userlevel 1

Hi @Jonathan Hickerson!

@Robert Johnson is correct that the Notes should not simply disappear. If this is a recurring issue, I recommend capturing some screenshots or a screen recording and submitting a ticket to our Support team for investigation.

For Chrome, I'd recommend using Loom - Video Recorder as it's free and gives you an option to upload the video straight after recording it. For Windows, you can also use the ScreentoGIF app (also free) and send us a GIF of the process.

Any additional information (board URL, your device type & browser version, etc.) would be of great help — we'll be sure to look into your case.

I am able to confirm that Visual Notes changes are currently not captured in the Activity List panel, and there is no option to restore content within Visual Notes outside of the Undo button, which will allow you to undo actions in the current working session.