Question

Locked in view mode in my own board (via own private account)

• 10 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Dear,

I am a recent user of Miro and I put my own dashboard in view only.

Which makes i can’t do any updates.

I know it’s not the best idea I got. Soit …

Who can give me advise to debolck my own board and get back update/modify view?

I have admin right on my account.

Thanks for your help.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sophie Libouton -

can you clarify what you mean by putting your dashboard into view only? Do you mean that you’ve removed the edit/comment permissions from a specific board for yourself?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale yes, indeed, i remover the edit permissions from a specific board to myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sophie Libouton - There are at least two scenarios in which a board would be opened in “view only” mode. I will assume that because you used the word “only” that you are seeing “VIEW-ONLY” beside the board name from your dashboard, for example:

And when you open the board you would see:

If this is the behaviour you are experiencing, then this is because the board resides in a Free Plan team and you are over your active board limit.

You can read more about this in the Free Plan Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730373-Free-Plan#h_01F32T02BSHKT2VNBFQCE828VZ

Which states:

If you are not seeing “VIEW-ONLY” beside the board name in your dashboard, what are you seeing? For example:

Screenshots will help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sophie Libouton - You also used the word “Locked” in the title of this post. Another scenario in which Miro will use the worked “locked” is when you have downgraded from a paid to a free team and the board’s Team access had previously been set to “No access”. 

More on this in the The Board is Locked Help Center article:

To unlock the board, open the board’s Share settings and change the “Team access” to “Can edit”:

mceclip1.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sophie Libouton - And one more scenario where Miro would present you with the words “view-only” is when you are viewing a board as a guest, meaning the board resides in a team to which you are not a member of, i.e., the “Anyone with the link” access is set to “Can view”: