Answered

Lock frame size

• 10 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I have a question.

I would like to have a 3x3 Matrix where I can drag and drop items and sort them.

By using frames that is possible to some extent. It will automatically snap the card to the first position and then next, starting from upper left.

I would like to have the possibility to drag a card to another position first.

I tried to create 9 frames, so that only one card can be snapped into a frame.

That works if you don¨t try to add another card into the same frame. If I do that the frame size increase to fit both cards. Is it possible to avoid that, byt locking the frame size. The lock function only helps me to not move the frame.

I can have a picture in the back with guiding lines =“frame” for fixing this, but I like to use the snap function in this case as well. 

Is there a way to fix this or another workaround?

It would be better if the second card will be snapped over the other card than changing the frame size in my exercise.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 10 March 2021, 17:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@honkenen - In summary, there does not appear to be any way to stop a frame from auto-expanding when it is in grid mode. I also tried a locked frame around a grid frame and the grid-mode frame still expands. I also tried putting a grid-mode frame in a Grid object, but that didn’t work either. Additionally, the Grid object doesn’t appear to support the same “grid” mode that frames do.

If you’d like to see an option to lock a frame from ever auto-expanding, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.