Answered

Links to internal objects within frames not working in presentation mode

• 25 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello all,

i am using chrome browser.

Linking objects to other objects or linking frames to other frames is working properly when i am not using presentation mode.

But when i am in presentation mode, and i click on the link, then the screen drifts to a black area and navigating to a linked object is not working.

is this a known issue or has someone figured out a work around.

Please let me know.Thanks !! 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 25 April 2021, 05:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rahil Ahmed - I just tired this and am getting the same results as you. This appears to be the intended behaviour.

It is worth noting that there appear to be two ways to present:

1. the lite/non-fullscreen mode - what you see when you first start the Presentation Mode from the bottom-left collaboration toolbar
  2. full-on, fullscreen presentation mode - what happens when you use the “Present” button.

In the lite presentation mode, clicking links will take you to internally linked objects - this is the “lite” mode:

Note: If you don’t move your mouse for a few seconds, the bottom toolbars should disappear

But when you click on the Present (play) button, the browser goes into fullscreen mode and clicking on links to internal objects will take you to the spot on the board, but the screen will be black.

If you think this is a bug, you are welcome to raise a question with Miro by opening a support ticket (more on this in the How to Contact Miro Support Help Center article).

Otherwise I’d suggest that you request a change in functionality by adding an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Robert Johnson for the tip.
I created a wishlist idea here:
https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/in-presentation-mode-links-to-internal-objects-within-frames-should-work-4559

and upvoted it. Request the same :grinning: from you.