Skip to main content

Linked Kanban Boards or Tasks

• 24 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to duplicate or link Kanban cards within Miro?  

Ex, I may have several different sections of a board dedicated to different projects.  Within these sections I may have dedicated project-specific kanban boards, but I’d also like to have a “master” kanban board so I can see everything amongst all projects out there.

Is there a way to do this in Miro?  Preferably one that is bidirectional, such that updating in one place (be it the central/master, or project-specific) updates in the other?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adam Rauh - This is not currently possible out of the box.

There is a Wish List post asking for similar functionality that you may want to review and upvote:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/copy-edit-objects-by-reference-instance-1008

However, if you feel that idea doesn’t truly reflect what you are looking to accomplish, 

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

Build it.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Conceivably, you could have someone build this for you using Miro’s Developer Platform REST API and web SDK.

Jira

Depending on the size of your team and needs, you could explore using Jira (free for teams of 10 or less users), and then use Miro’s Jira Cards app to bidirectionally sync Jira cards across Miro boards.