Limit upgrade plan for only Team Admin

I need to Limit upgrade plan for only Team Admin

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DCOE - I am going to make some assumptions here and guess that you have a Free Plan team and do not want anyone other than the Team Admin to be able to upgrade the plan? If that is correct, this is not possible on the Free Plan team. And if you already knew this and this post is meant to be a Wish List Idea post, please let me know and I will move the post to the Wish List category.

However, if I have gotten this all wrong, please provide some details as to what problem you are trying to solve.

@Robert Johnson Thanks for your description. At the moment, I did subscribe for Team plan (2members) and I am Team Admin. So I wanna disable button Upgrade Plan from other member to avoid accidentally upgrade plan by themselves.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DCOE - Thanks for the additional details.

Once you have upgraded the team, the “Upgrade” should be gone for all team members.

I would suggest that you make the following changes so that your team “Members” cannot increase your team size, which would result in additional paid licenses:

You can read more about the above settings here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022258119-Invitation-settings

You may also wish to review this help center article → I am a new Miro Admin. Where to start?

@Robert Johnson Thanks for your sharing. I did setup as your advice but my team member still see this button. How can we disable this function. Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DCOE - There is no way that I know of to disable that button. For a definitive answer, you will need to create a Miro support ticket - instructions on how to do this here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

I have multiple Miro account profiles and and both a Team Admin and a Member on a Team Plan team. I am pretty sure that yesterday I could see the Explore Business Plan action button as a team Member. Just now, as the Team Admin, I clicked that button, but did not complete the upgrade on the modal window that pops up. After doing this, while logged in as a team Member in a different browser, I can no longer see this button. I also added a new team Member and they cannot see this button.

For now you may have to reply on education, i.e., telling them not to complete the action. If you are curious to what happens when they first click the button, you could connect with them on a video call (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) and ask them to share their screen. Perhaps they will not even be able to upgrade using your credit card.

Requesting this button never be displayed except for a Team Admin

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

@Robert Johnson Thanks for your great recommendation. I will communicate and educate my team and also to try adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category. Super Thanks.